APPROVED BUILDING INSPECTIONS
WHAT WE DO;
After each inspection a written report is issued which indicates the site status, identifies what has been inspected, and highlights any queries. It is designed to ensure that all parties are clearly informed during the construction phase and gives an early warning of non-compliance so that appropriate action can be taken.
Inspection stages vary depending on the work that is being carried out. For a new dwelling, these may include: -
- Foundation Excavation
- Damp Proof Course
- Drains Laid
- Drains Test
- Final Inspection - for when all work has been completed
Please note this list is not exhaustive and fewer or more inspections may be needed in each individual case.
We specialise in the following Surveys, Reports and Investigations for both our residential and commercial clients:• Residential surveys / Building Surveys
• Home purchaser Condition surveys
• Schedules of conditions
• Specific defect analysis
• Insurance reinstatement works
We cover areas throughout Central London, Greater London, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Essex and South Cambridgeshire.
Building Condition Surveys prepared to your specific requirements by a Member of Chartered Institute of Building
Maintaining your Private Property, Tenanted Property, Block Managed Property and Commercial Property;
Without maintenance, houses and commercial premises suffer. You should be very aware of any minor issues that can cause problems. You might not think a blocked gutter can cause problems, but believe me, they do.
The most common problems can be caused by the following.
- Blocked gutters
- Moss on the roof – which comes off and blocks gutters, it also holds moisture and causes tiles to spall
- Blocked drains -and cracked drains – if you have not had a drain survey.
- Make sure downpipes go into the gulley, no just discharge out of a shoe over the top of it
- Plants against walls are not a good idea!
- Non-permeable paint on timber windows – get it off and use linseed paints which breathe – able. Not all protective coatings are breathable, despite what the manufacturers tell you.
- High ground levels – patios get raised, walls get wet.
- Blocked sub-floor vents causing rotted floors
- Uneven floors
- Door & Window frame becoming mis-shapes and difficult to open or / and close
- Smell of dampness
- Visual evidence of mould
- Make sure the loft is ventilated
- Missing roof tiles, cracked slates
Multi-Serv (Herts) offer the following surveys;
- Roof Condition Inspection / Reports
- Home Condition Inspection Reports
- Commercial Property Condition Inspections & reports
- Defective Work investigations / Reports
- Snagging Inspections